30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Monday, October 4, 2010

Day #9b, drum roll please...


Drum roll... Here is the new long brown skirt. The new brown short sleeve shirt is under the blue cardigan. The big loophole in sixorless is that jackets and accessories don't count. I didn't take much advantage of that loophole in the summer. But as the cold weather descends, sweaters will be appearing. That is Mr. Fatty on the right looking on with approval.

This entire outfit (boots, sweater, shirt, skirt, belt, and necklace) came from a second hand store. A friend had recommended a shop in the mall where she had bought a cute, black skirt. I thought I'd treat myself to something similar. But not one of the sales girls offered to help me or even said hello. As an experiment, I practically walked into one of them on the way to a clothes rack, but she turned to ignore me and talk to her friend. If the store wants to sell me something, they will have to extend some common courtesy. Non-negotiable. So, the second hand store got my business.

My clean up today was the bottom shelf in the clothes closet. I found some overdue library books and a big pile of sand. Both will be returned to their proper place.

1 comment:

  1. Hi krissi!
    I just read right through your blog after seeing a link on twitter, you had me smiling with most posts :)
    You did so great on the sixorless challenge and I'm loving your clearing up spaces one too.
    A really good read, thank you so much!

    Best wishes from England :)

    Vcky x

    ReplyDelete