30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Sunday, July 25, 2010

A clean closet



I figured to make this as pleasurable (or painless) as possible, a little up front preparation would be good. So today, I took EVERYTHING out of my closet and made three piles:

1) candidates for the "magic six"
2) items that I will be happy to wear again when the 30 days are up
3) items headed straight for the local charity bin

There were 18 shirts in category #3!!! No wonder there was no room in that little closet. I can actually see my belts and scarves now.

Then I rehung the magic six:
- jeans
- shorts
- dress
- button down short sleeve shirt
- short sleeve t-shirt (green)
- tank top (coral)

The only piece I feel uneasy about is the tank. It turns out that I don't own a single tank that fits me comfortably and properly. Again, I am learning a lot. So, I may try to find a substitute before the day comes to wear it. I don't think that's cheating.

By the way, my friend Jason Setnyk put an article in the local online newspaper about this adventure. Gads, this is not the kind of journal article I am used to:

http://cornwallfreenews.com/2010/07/six-items-or-less-kris-rothley-takes-the-challenge-by-jason-setnyk-cornwall-ontario-july-26-2010/

No comments:

Post a Comment