30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day #2, replacement tank... emerging questions


After realizing that not a single one of my tank tops fit properly or didn't have ugly pattern, I decided I needed to shop. It wasn't breaking any of the sixorless rules, since I've haven't yet worn six items. But it still bummed me out, darn it, that I once again had to buy something in order to stop buying things.

It took some intense searching in 8 different mall stores (I was getting a haircut, so was there already) to find a plain, comfortable tank. Yes, it violates my no light colors principle. But finding a plain, comfortable, dark tank was impossible. The sales people acted like I was a heretic for seeking such a bizarre item, and at least one surely called mall security on me.

So here are items two and three (tank and jeans). All of the accessories were selected the night before (while watching the final episode of Jericho). This evening prep made getting ready in the morning a snap. I had even consulted weather.com so I knew the jeans would be OK.

But now questions are creeping in that I don't quite want to answer. Why in the world did I, until two days ago, have a closet full of ill-fitting, unattractive, unworn clothes? Why did I continually add to this collection? Was it simply laziness and a love of shopping, or something deeper? Maybe the answers will reveal themselves as the challenge continues.

2 comments:

  1. I surfed over here via a link on LJ. I'm thinking about doing this myself, and have been eyeballing my closet and pondering what I'd pick. Good luck, I look forward to seeing your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. So far so good. But I haven't had to wear anything twice yet :)

    ReplyDelete