30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Friday, July 23, 2010

Getting started

My relationship with clothes is the classic cliché. A closet packed with items rarely worn. The daily, frantic morning rush to find something to wear. Time, money, and natural resources wasted. And the result (the clothes I actually end up wearing) is less than inspiring.

Well, all that is about to change... I hope.

Yesterday, I discovered a group called @sixitemsorless:
http://sixitemsorless.com/the-project/

The members of this group chose six items of clothing, then live in them and only them for 30 days. Sounds easy. Sounds impossible. Sounds like an interesting challenge that could help me to redefine my relationship to clothes.

With three kids, two dogs, three cats, two fish, and a full-time job, I'd sure like to find a way (or two), to make life a little less complicated. Yet, here comes a new complication... which six items of clothing?

No comments:

Post a Comment