30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Friday, July 30, 2010

Day #5, self expression


It is certainly premature to declare this exercise a success. But I really wanna! This morning, not only was I smiling at my clean closet, I was smiling as I rifled through my scarves, belts, and jewelry box. Especially the jewelry. I have a lot of it, of the costume variety. No surprise :) But I never wear much of it because I get so frustrated trying to pick out clothes. Well, today I just quickly picked what to wear (the little black dress and khaki button down shirt make their first reappearance), then put on a cute pair of earrings and a funky silver pendant.

I can still express myself through what I'm wearing. But for the next 30 days, it will be with little bits of accessories that actually show up against the plain palette of the magic six!

This all sounds a bit foolish but, to be honest, I am feeling more than a bit foolish that it took me such a long time to figure this out :(

Here's hoping that the lessons learned over the next 25 days will stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment