30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day #3, motivation


A friend submitted an article to a local newspaper describing my sixorless challenge. I was thrilled to see my name in print until the first two comments rolled in. Both negative :( Well, you can't please everybody. But, maybe a couple thoughts on my motivation for this challenge is a good idea.

I certainly understand that the sixorless challenge will not end wars or hunger. But it seemed like:

- a lighthearted way to get me to clean out my closet
- an opportunity to re-examine my shopping habits
- a path to remove a tad of the stress in my life

That's it. No big deal. I don't mean to offend anyone or downplay their problems. When I tackle the mess in my utensil draw, I will keep it to myself.

Anyway, Day #3 has gone well. It makes me smile to look in my orderly closet. I picked the outfit and accessories last night while watching "Brothers" (not too bad of a movie). The jeans are from yesterday, but this is the debut of the khaki button down shirt.

(Photo credit goes to my 5 year old. I will try to take a less blurry one after my batteries recharge).

2 comments:

  1. don't let the bad comments get to you - you should have seen some of the crazy ones we got on the original nytimes articles (and then also a good deal of people jumping to our defense as well). the internet's anonymity has a crazy way of making people get ridiculous. we're behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: somehow it's automatically using an old profile of mine that I don't have anything attached to - this is heidi from sixitemsorless.com

    ReplyDelete