30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day #17a, life after sixorless?


On the weekends, the absolute last thing I want to do is think about what to wear. Sixorless solves that problem. Today the pink sweater and jeans were just right. Note that while I have figured out the self-timer on my camera, I have not figured out how to aim the camera properly. But, at least your can see that I am wearing the shoes that I binged on last weekend. I wore the black pair almost every day to work this week. This means there is no excuse for getting rid of all of the unworn shoes in my hall closet and in a large box in the basement. It should be no different than the purge that occurred in my clothes closet. But somehow it's harder.

I've been thinking about what to do when this second 30 day challenge is over. It seems silly to do it again, although I am committed to continue in the spirit of the challenge (rethink wardrobe monthly, mercilessly purge old clothes, get clothes that fit and work together). But on a day like 9/11, I would like to try a new challenge with more meaning, more impact. What could that be? One possibility rolling around in my head is to go day by day, room by room, drawer by drawer, and donate all of the useful stuff that I am not using to the second hand store. That would be much harder than the sixorless challenge, but at least would make a small positive contribution to the world. I'm going to surf around the internet for other ideas. Only 13 days left for this challenge. Time flies.

2 comments:

  1. While your clothing challenge may seem like a small thing in retrospect, it is not. Few people get it together to do much at all. On to other challenges? Way cool. You keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve. I'd really like to believe that every little bit counts :)

    ReplyDelete