30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Monday, September 13, 2010

Day #18a, did I cheat?

Maybe this is one of those "if you have to ask, you know the answer already" things. But I will throw this question out into the ether anyway.

The sixorless challenge permits unlimited workout wear (and outerwear and accessories). This seems reasonable. Anyone with even a modest workout routine needs a couple tops and bottoms which would leave a total of two items for all other activities. But the workout wear should be just that: workout wear. It should not be part of the regular wardrobe.

Well day 18a was a Sunday. I wore sweatpants, a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt to work out in the morning. At mid-morning, my family was ready to dash out the door to food shop. "Let me just get changed," I called. "Just wear what you're wearing," they replied. And so out the door I went in my workout clothes. Suddenly, it was mid-afternoon, we were headed to the playground, and I still had my workout clothes on. Then it was dinner time, then it was bed time. Still wearing my workout clothes.

Arg. The shoe shopping binge was worse. But, I definitely thing this all-day-sweats episode violated the spirit of the challenge. Double arg.

No comments:

Post a Comment