30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day #24a, burning questions


Managed not to put my hands on my hips in this photo!

There are 3 burning questions tumbling around in my brain today...

First, am I cheating with the workout clothes? This morning, I managed to get my jeans on before I had to dash out the door for my kid's hockey practice. But I'm still wearing my work out clothes on the top. There are obviously no sixorless police who will haul me in. But I like to think that I will do what I say I will do. This workout clothes thing is bugging me.

Second, there is less than a week left to this challenge. How will I update my wardrobe? I am enjoying having just a few clothes to worry about so much. Even if I don't formally initiate another 30 days, I will probably stick with six clothing items anyway. Maybe I can switch from the six-or-less challenge to the six-or-so challenge :) The black pants, jeans, and white shirt are fine. The pink sweater is blah. The striped short sleeve shirt is not warm enough any more. Neither is the t-shirt dress. I'd like to swap these last three items for a different sweater, a long-sleeve stretchy shirt, and a skirt (yes mom, wherever you are, your baby is finally wearing skirts).

Third, what will the new challenge be? It doesn't seem fair to call the clothing thing a "challenge" anymore because I like doing it too much. I have been mulling over things that are bugging me similar to my packed closet used to, and here's what I got: 1) areas in my home that need cleaning, 2) piles of stuff that need to be sorted (and mostly tossed or donated), 3) on work days at dinner time I am stressed to the max trying to get food in front of my hungry kids as fast as possible. I wish all of these three issues could be solved. But which one first???

No comments:

Post a Comment