30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day #13, branching out


Today the little black dress was paired with a blue scarf and a jean jacket. It really is a useful piece of clothing. But it makes me feel fat. I think it's the way it hangs on my hips. I need to get over that, because I like the dress.

Well, now that I'm feeling a little more confident with my selection of the six items of clothing, I am a hammer looking for a nail. Where else might I be able to get rid of some unwanted/unneeded/unloved stuff?? The undies drawer! Seeing the contents strewn across my bed, it's no wonder it didn't close properly. There was a 10 year old running bra in there, for goodness sakes. It begs the question yet again, why in the world am I hanging on this stuff and even packing it up and moving it from house to house??? It also begs the question: what do you do with old undies? I thought of using them as rags, but decided that was gross even though they are technically clean.

Tomorrow will be the first time in 40-ahem-ahem years when looking into my undies drawer gives me a big smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment