30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Days #29... and #30!

Day #29 was the first full , full, full day of work for the fall semester with meetings all day. I threw on the black dress with some coordinated accessories and felt very comfortable. I'm still scratching my head over why I decided to include a dress as part of the magic six. I never, ever wear them. As a child, I insisted that my mom do my back-to-school shopping in the boys' departments. Yet, I loved wearing this dress over the last 30 days, and it received the most compliments of any piece of clothing. Just so weird. Which brings us to...

Day #30!!!! And what did I decided to wear of all the possibilities? The tribute to the crocodile hunter outfit: khaki shirt and shorts. Again, I surprised myself with this choice because over all of the 30 days, my khaki with bling combination was my least attractive look. So why this choice? Well one reason was that the daily high temperatures are dropping fast, and shorts will not be part of the next 30 day magic six. So this was the last chance to wear them. But the second reason was that I really am a huge Steve Irwin fan. I was so heartbroken when he passed on, and this little private tribute comforts me somehow.

What's next? The next 30 days of course! Tomorrow I am headed back into Echo Trends to create the next magic six. As I mentioned, I found a great shirt dress the will be item 1. I've decided to keep the same jeans for another 30 days as item 2 (they are just so comfortable). I want a pair of dress pants as item 3, and then three more shirts as 4, 5, and 6. This sort of shopping with a plan is so new to me and I love it.

The plan is to start the next 30 day challenge on the day after tomorrow. Can't wait to see what my wardrobe will be. I just want to take a moment on day 30 of this challenge to thank the originators of the first @sixitemsorless challenge. I was so inspired by their story, and it has changed my life in a very positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment