30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Friday, August 27, 2010

Day #2a, never more... never less

Today, I decided to wear the shirt dress as a dress with my new black boots. As I stood in front of my closet, trying to find the accessories to match my fushia tights I had a funny thought. Part of the allure of the sixorless challenge is the time savings from not having a lot of clothing options. This promise was indeed kept. I have never spent less time getting dressed. I can grab a top and bottom and go. If only one top and bottom is clean, well that makes dressing even quicker.

But the funny thing is that I have never spent more time putting together "outfits". I don't have to do this, but I want to. My necklaces no longer get lost in the loud pattern of my shirts. The neutral colors let the accessories stand out. I now want to express myself through careful accessory choices.

So, overall I time wasting less time doing what I didn't enjoy but spending more doing something fun. That is definitely a good trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment