30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day #20, the urge to shop


Much to my surprise, I have no urge to add to my wardrobe. It is just so easy to grab the clean stuff and run out the door. Maybe this is not such a surprise after all. When I was 8 years old and at sleep away camp for two weeks, I wore the same red and white Phillies shirt and blue pants every single day. The camp counselors gently suggested that there were other clothes in my suitcase. But I can remember every morning looking at that Phillies shirt and blue pants and thinking, "yes!".

But while the urge to shop for clothes is nonexistent, the urge to shop still exists. I'd like to chalk it up to some primal hunting-gathering instinct. Really, it's probably just a bad habit. Today, in shopping desperation, I bought two books off the bargain table and a friendship bracelet making kit. A friendship bracelet making kit??? Was that necessary? I have promised myself to make at least a couple of bracelets for my kids, while I ponder the strangeness of that purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment