30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Transition day


This was the one day transition between the first 30 day challenge and the second. I went to my appointment with Susan at Echo Trends for some much needed and appreciated help. She and I looked around the store together, and I tried on lots of stuff. But, just as before it was hard to find neutral clothes that 1) worked together and 2) fit. Seems like you only get one or the other.

After an hour, my only magic six purchase was the shirt dress. But Susan, the genius accessorizer, picked out two perfect, gorgeous scarves that will work with everything. I decided to change my palette from browns and cream to grays, white, and black, so none of my old scarves would work. These are just great and I love them already. She also found me a great pair of black boots. They aren't as comfortable as I would like, but I am going to sleep on it and may go back to get them tomorrow.

Next stop was another second-hand store. Again, there are 1000's of clothes with patterns, but very few neutral, useful pieces. Clothing designers either don't care or don't design clothes in this way. Yes, L.L. Bean makes useful, (really!) neutral pieces, but they don't make me feel very pretty.

I am just one white shirt away from my new magic six, which will be revealed tomorrow.

And... I took all of the clothes that I saved from the first time I cleaned out my closet 30 days ago... and gave all of them to the donation bin (accept for a couple sweatshirts). This was very hard for me! But as I held each piece for the last time, I repeated my new mantra: "It's just a piece of clothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment