30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Monday, August 9, 2010

Day #15, half way through... poor fashion sense

Looking at this photo, it is clear that my fashion skills are still in need of work. I began with the shirt and shorts, which look exactly like what the late Steve Irwin wore on a 24 hour basis. I was and am still a huge fan. So if my outfit is an homage to him, even if unintended, well that's OK. But then I oddly decided that the outfit needed some bling, so added a woven rhinestone encrusted belt and rhinestone necklace. As I type this, even I can hear how ridiculous that sounds.

Where does one learn to dress fashionably? Magazines show clothes I would never wear. Sales girls (they are usually female) in clothing stores are so unhelpful, it seems that they are purposely so. Several times I have entered stores, credit card in hand, and asked for assistance but received none and a little attitude to boot.

Last fall when I needed clothes for work, I went to the local funky consignment store, pointed to their mannequins which they always dress really cool, and said "I'll take that!". Then I wore those exact outfits, just like on the mannequins, over and over again. Sad, right? But I don't know what else to do.

Well, Rome was not built in a day. Maybe there are some websites out their that can help. In the meantime, I will celebrate that I am now have way through the 30 day challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Krissy,
    I'm enjoying reading about your journey! And I'm with you in your fashion plight. I too have worn outfits directly from a mannequin.
    Keep up the good work!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynn! I sure wish the staff in clothes stores were more helpful :)

    ReplyDelete