30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day #18, "corporate" sponsor!

I've been thinking about what to do when this 30 day challenge is over. One option is to choose another category, like (gasp!) cookbooks to scale back on. But, honestly I want to try the clothing challenge again. It has been such a pleasure to grab clothes from my nearly empty closet... to start wearing accessories that mean more to me than my old shirts... to have the extra few minutes every morning.

And very soon, my clothing needs will change. When school starts again, I'm going to have to wear more professional looking clothes every day. Can I stick to just six clothes items for the workplace and the weekends?

Since I clearly fall into the category of "fashion challenged", I decided to ask for some help. The consignment store where in the past I have bought the clothes directly off the mannequins is called Echo Trends (the store link is now on this blog page). They have great clothes and accessories, and the sales people have always been exceeding kind and helpful. Today, I met with the owner, Colleen Campbell, explained what I have been doing, and asked for her assistance. Over the next two weeks, I am going to visit her shop and create my new 6 or less work/weekend wardrobe. The sales people will help with my choices. I will, in return, submit articles to the local newspapers again explaining my new challenge and the aid I am receiving from the store.

I am very grateful to Colleen and can't wait to see what we come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment