30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day #17, what else would I give up?


I seriously do not know how to operate a self-timer on a camera. Well, you get the idea... purple shirt with jeans. My shoes are nice black flats, and there are also black earrings.

This clothing challenge has so far been easy. Almost a little too easy. It makes me think that clothes are not that important to me. Why in the world was I buying so many and moving them from house to house???

But do I own things that I would not be willing to scale back on? I did a quick scan around my house. It seems to be full of stuff I would part with without a second thought. Now I am super motivated to give it the boot.

But there are a couple categories that would be hard for me. First is cookbooks. I will do a count tonight, but I'm guessing I own about 50. I use them. They are all meaningful to me. But there must be some that I would give up, right? The second category is shoes. Again, 50 pairs sounds like the right number. I love shoes, but I do not wear them all. Again, there must be at least some that I would be willing to give up. Then I will just have to walk the other way every time I see a shoe sale sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment