30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day #25, smoke and mirrors


Here's the scarf I wore on my head today (matching the orange shoes on my feet) to distract viewers from the shirt and jeans I have been wearing for 25 days. And guess what, it works! People pay way less attention to what I wear than I imagined (ego is a foolish thing). And they are much more interested in colorful accessories. We are like bowerbirds, attracted to shiny, interesting objects. The male bowerbird decorates an otherwise boring nest with trinkets that make the female say "wow". I am attempting to decorate my basic wardrobe with trinkets as well. Smoke and mirrors!

Five days left. I need to get my butt down to Echo Trends. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment