30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day #14, temptation and another benny... laundry!


Rainy days and blue jeans go together, and the purple shirt makes it an outfit. I managed to find a cute belt that I have not worn for at least 6 months to tie it together. Unfortunately, the purple shirt is getting saggier and saggier. It is just not up to this kind of frequent wear. Next time, I will buy my sixorless wardrobe at Mark's Work Wearhouse. Or at the very least, save the receipts from the store where I do buy the clothes. I have never been in the habit of saving receipts except for at Christmas time. Usually, I wear something once, then when I wear it a second time two months later and the button pops off, the receipt is long gone.

I must confess that today I was VERY tempted to buy a pair of pants! But please, hear me out. It was the perfect pair of low rise, dark blue dress jeans that would have been the perfect magic six item to replace my shorts in September when I have to dress up for work again. I want to say I resisted because of my commitment to my current sixorless challenge. But truth be told, I was in a rush. I don't know what I would have done if I had more time, but like to think it would have been the right decision.

And finally, I got another little thrill today when doing the family laundry. It was about 25% less than normal! Most of it was kids clothes (they wear six shirts a day!). The remainder was my husband's clothes. He has lots of clothes in his closet, but seems to wear the same things over and over. I bet I could get him down to six or less without his even knowing it :) Anyway, the laundry reduction was very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment