30 days... six items of clothing

30 days... six items of clothing

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day #23, to do or not to do

Tried to get creative today with a scarf tied at an angle around my waist. I think it looks OK. Also tried to get creative with the photography. I think that was less successful.

I've been pondering the question of why this sixorless challenge has been relatively easy for me, and it hit me today. This challenge is about not doing something. Not buying new clothes. Not wearing other clothes except the magic six. I am a master at not doing. I invented not doing, as they say. Why? Because I have been dieting since I was 13 years old. Dieting is all about not doing. Not eating certain foods. Not eating after 6PM. I have spent my life practicing not doing things (which I am finally working on, by the way).

The place where I would run into trouble would be a challenge that involves doing things. Cleaning one drawer per day. Vacuuming one room per day. This blog is fun to do, but I have to tell myself to park my butt in the chair every night to get started. This is harder than the clothing challenge.

If I really wanted to challenge myself, I would commit to doing something on a regular basis instead of not doing something on a regular basis. Maybe everybody is like that? I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment